Need some free safety meeting topics?
Forklift Refresher Training- Cal/OSHA
Cal/OSHA Forklift Refresher Training Requirements
Cal/OSHA has guidelines for when refresher training must take place for forklift operators. The refresher training must be performed by a competent forklift trainer with the knowledge and skills to train and evaluate a forklift trainee or operator.
The Cal/OSHA guidelines for when forklift refresher training is needed include the following:
- The operator has been observed operating the forklift in an unsafe manner.
- The forklift operator has been involved in an accident or near-miss incident.
- The operator has received an evaluation that shows that he/she is not operating the forklift safely.
- The operator is assigned to drive a different type of forklift. (In this case the operator must receive training specifically to that forklift he or she will be operating).
- A condition in the workplace changes in a way that could affect the safe operation of the forklift.
Each Forklift Operator must be retrained at least once every 3 years. Refreshers are recommended during the 3 year period.
The employer shall certify that each operator has been trained and evaluated as required. The certification shall include the name of the operator, the date of the training, the date of the evaluation, and the name of the person(s) performing the training or evaluation.
First American Safety has a quality forklift safety training program. We will come to your workplace and perform both classroom and hands-on training for your forklift operators. We will also perform operator evaluations. Our training program is proven effective and is compliant with Cal/OSHA regulations. The training an evaluations must be completed as often as is noted above.